Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Eat Your Brussels Sprouts!







Because of my new-found love for brussels sprouts, I thought I would share a favorite recipe to make them courtesy of Pinterest, with my own little spin.

I bought about a pound of these little baby cabbages and I cut off the trunks, chopped them in half, and added them to a hot skillet with olive oil. They take a bit of time, maybe 7 minutes on each side but it is hard to saute them on the round side so I added a little water and covered with a lid to steam them and make sure they got soft. I chopped up 4 cloves of garlic (you can add less if you are not as in love with the stuff as me) and added that to the pan when I flipped the sprouts half way through. Lastly, I squeezed half of a fresh lemon to add flavor to the party and it was just about complete. When I speared one with a fork and I could tell they were tender, I took them off the heat, put them in a bowl, added some parmesan reggiano that happened to the be in the fridge, and then, dug in! How pretty is that green color! And, super healthy and filling, win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment