Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sweater Re-Do

I know I promised this a long time ago. Like right after the holidays. But it is still after the holidays so I did not entirely lie to you. This was about the easiest DIY ever and it was completely free because I used a sweater my friend no longer wanted and that was unflattering in its current state. You can use a sweater you already have that's in need of a new life or just pick one up at a thrift store. I would recommend a pattern but a solid, cable knit or other type of chunky sweater will do. Other than that, you'll only need a pair of scissors and a large needle and thread.

Lay the sweater on a flat surface and cut off the sleeves along the seam on both sides. These will be the leg warmers.
Next, cut the torso piece in half, horizontally across the chest. This will become the infinity scarf. Stretch the scarf to make it able to wrap around your neck twice. My sweater was shedding a lot so I had to put an end to that. My brother had a friend with a sewing machine and she stitched along the edges of my sweater and leg warmers. With a simple needle and thread, you can achieve the same results! Then throw on those leg warmers under a pair of cute boots and have then stick out the top or wrap the scarf around your neck on a chilly, windy day and you are good to go! New cozy accessories for winter for practically nothing.











No comments:

Post a Comment