Saturday, December 8, 2012

What I Did on Friday


[Hand-carved stamps on old-fashioned printing presses]
[Mineral rock display]
[Sliced apples for breakfast]
[An exit arrow I fell in love with on an old trolley]
[Trying Chaider for the first time and splitting a mid-morning muffin]
My sister came for the day yesterday and I decided to take the day off from work and responsibilities and just do something fun, just the two of us. It had been a super stressful week and I was all over the board with my emotions so taking a break to do something out of the ordinary was just what we both needed. Thursday night we went to dinner together and had some very serious, very intense conversation about both of our futures and what our next steps were going to be. I don't think this has happened before where we are both at a threshold of so much unknown, her graduating and figuring out the next chapter of her life, where she will live, where she will be working, and me having two career options to decide between, one close to home and one on the other side of the country.
To clear our heads, we took a trip the Cincinnati Museum Center and as you can see from a few of the pictures above, it was a great decision and a great distraction (more on our trip next week!). 
When our day together was all said and done, I think we had made each other feel better about the future and what is all comes down to is no matter what happens, now and 20 years from now, we will always be as tightly bound as ever.     

No comments:

Post a Comment