Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Junkyard Cruisin'

[Shirt: F21, Jeans: Banana Republic, Shoes: Target]
              



My internet was down last night and I don't remember the last time this has happened to me and let me just tell you, I might as well have been living in the stone ages because it was as if life itself had stopped. Websites wouldn't load, I wasn't able to check my email, couldn't play my brother back in Draw Something, online shopping was out of the question, I mean super critical things could not be accomplished! Ok, Ok, it was really not that dramatic but it was crazy how impacted my life felt, my regular routine so altered. With the realization of my dependency on the World Wide Web, I decided to swear off electronics, turned off the TV and did something productive. So apparently the plus side of no internet was that it forced me into some tasks I had been putting off. Tasks like spackling some nail and screw holes in the wall. I mean I spackled!! I have never done that before and I must say, it went quite well. I also used a drill to take down a shelf bracket I had been hiding with a picture for more months than I would like to discuss. Shameful, I know, but a girl's got to do what a drill-less girl's got to do. And to top off the very HGTV night I was having, I framed up a couple prints and hung my new piece on the wall. Now with all that accomplished, the internet better be up and running upon my return home this evening...I think I deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment