Thursday, May 2, 2013

At the Sutro Baths




Told you I loved the bridge.


On a nature walk.

The girls heading to see what's left of the baths.



The remains of Sutro Baths


I was getting a real Goonies vibe at this place and loving it.
            
Exploring a cave.

Can you see the heart shape in the rock opening?

Walking on part of the old structure.


I felt like we were in a different country.


So peaceful.




This is my last post about San Francisco, I swear! I just loved the place, what can I say?

When I planned my trip, I had in mind the main hot spots I wanted to see, mostly from what I had learned about in books and movies or heard of from friends, but one thing no one mentioned to me was the Sutro Baths. Never even heard of them until last Sunday. Luckily, we had a long-time resident giving us a tour on our last day and we found ourselves here, one of the prettiest places I have ever been. The building burnt down awhile ago but it used to house swimming pools that the rich and famous would come to, tucked into the cliffs right next to the water. Now people visit to see the ruins but I suspect they come more for the views and pretty walking trails than anything else. But now you know of this hidden gem in the city of SF should you ever find yourself in the area and wanting a break from the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment