Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Night at the Movies

The Fox Theater in Westwood

On the carpet

The paparazzi

Found our seats!
Last night, I attended my first ever Hollywood movie premiere. I know right? It was the world premiere for The Internship with Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson and I am still grinning about it! It was completely awesome and I am so grateful I was lucky enough to attend. My roommate from college has an uncle that works for Fox and it is their movie so he invited us along. There was a red carpet with velvet ropes and everything! We watched the stars arrive and since the movie is all about an internship at Google, Vince and Owen showed up in a Google maps car, the kind that drive around the country getting street views? It was really neat. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any good pictures of them because they were too far away and we were ushered inside before the two leads had even made it down to our end of the carpet. We had to take our seats for the screening the suited up security man told us. We walked in the doors of this beautiful old theater and I was handed my very own bag of popcorn and a Coke to go with it so basically, I was in heaven.

I really had no expectations for the movie itself because honestly, I didn't know what to expect, but it was absolutely hilarious! The whole audience was laughing throughout the entire film. It is one of those movies that I will have to watch a few more times to catch all the funny one liners but it was such a fun night and a really amazing experience. I am still a bit star struck and find myself thinking "is this real life?" Welcome to Hollywood folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment