Thursday, November 15, 2012

Indoor S'mores



Marshmallows: what's not to love? I have always been a fan and I enjoy them in their many forms be it mini, in milkshakes, toasted over a campfire, in hot chocolate, the list goes on. But perhaps the most iconic use of a marshmallow is as the gooey middle of a s'more. "How can I have s'more, I haven't had any yet." Like I was going to get through this post without dropping that Sandlot quote, get real! But what, pray tell, do you do when you want a s'more but have no campfire? Like when the temperatures are in the 30's? I have your solution right here, indoor s'more bars!

These treats were a total hit when I brought a batch in to work the other and I remember as kids, my cousins and I would gobble them up. Plus, it just takes a microwave to make them!

Here is what you need:
8 cups graham cereal
5 cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup light corn syrup
5 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 additional cup of mini mallows

In a bowl, measure out the cereal. Butter a 13x9 in pan. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine 5 cups marshmallows, the chips, butter and corn syrup. Zap on high in one minute increments for no more than 3 minutes and 30 seconds, stirring after each minute until melted and smooth when stirred. Mix in vanilla.

Take mixture and pour over cereal, stirring until it is completely covered. Add in the extra mini marshmallows (if desired). Spread the mixture evenly into the pan. Let stand uncovered for about an hour or refrigerate if you would like them to firm up faster. Cut into bars and grab one for yourself before they are all gone.

**Full disclosure, I completely forgot to add the vanilla into my batch but no one noticed. With mallows and melted chocolate, how can you really go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment