Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Burger Zone

[Sweatshirt: Banana Republic, Jeans: New York and Co, Clutch: Thrifted
[How cute is their menu?]
Behold! Zip's Cafe, a cute little burger joint right in the square, walking distance from my place. They have been around for more than 75 years doing simple, fresh burgers in a tiny restuarant and bar, complete with dark tin ceilings and a toy train that makes a trip around its tracks every hour. When my parents and I were first apartment hunting, we asked the locals where we should eat. "Try Zip's!" they told us, "The best burger in Cinci" they cried! And needless to say, we were on our way. We ordered burgers and onion rings (that definitely lived up to the title) while talking about starting my first job and what a great little area we had stumbled upon. Each time I go back, the burgers are just as tasty but I can't help but remember the time spent in that old booth on my first visit with my parents and how extra sweet the food tasted during my first stop at Zip's.

No comments:

Post a Comment