Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Stay Young, Go Dancing

This past weekend, my friends and I attended my first ever music festival, the Cincinnati Bunbury Music Festival. We braved the elements and had an amazing time, once the mini monsoon passed.
OK, even when the monsoon was happening it was still fun, let's be real. 
 
Here we have just survived a thunderstorm along the river. The free ponchos held up remarkably well and were obviously tres chic. 
Able to find shelter under one of the bridges criss-crossing the park but only just as the sun was coming out 
but no complaints here! Tons of great music and even better people watching. 
Here is the biggest wok I have ever seen, bar none. 
And my delicious dinner courtesy of said wok. Tasty and portable, a must to be able to make it to the final performance... 
Death Cab for Cutie! Opening with I Will Follow You Into the Dark. Flawless. 
They are one of my favorite bands and my sister and I practically wore out the CD driving to and from high school, singing along to every word. To see them live has been on the bucket list since those drives and

the time has come to check it off the list!

Here are some other acts worth checking out:
Good Old War
Nikki Lane
Now Now
Margot and the Nuclear So and So's
The Seedy Seeds
 

No comments:

Post a Comment